Jazz Cool Band
The 9 members of the JCB "JAZZ COOL BAND" have been playing together for more than 10 years already, all of the musicians living near Marseille, in the Southern part of France. This Jazz Band is a 9 Musicians Jazz Band of different origins and cultures which is a part of its originality.
The goal of the JCB is to promote Big Band Jazz Music, based on African-Amarican, French and Brazilian music.
Its repertoire is constituted by the most famous Jazz Standards of the 40s and the 50s (such as music of Glen Miller, Count Basie, Duke Ellington...) as well as the most famous songs of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole and so many other World renown "Crooners"; the JCB Jazz Band plays and sings not only in English but also in French, Brazilian, Chinese and Thai as well! Having played several times in Thailand, the JCB Jazz Band performs Musics of His Majesty the King of Thailand such as HM Blues. Its lastest CD is made of so well known French songs such as "La mer", "C'est si bon", "La vie en rose", "I wish you love", "Autumn leaves" ...
But the JCB Jazz Band not only plays in regular Concerts almost every week in Marseille, Lyon and Paris; it has also a very important Humanitarian activity, having played in Charity Concerts all over the World. The JCB Jazz Cool Band has been travelling in several places around the world in order to help Humanitarian activities:
- 4 trips to Bangkok already in 2003, 2005, 2006 and February 2007 to help Fund-Raising for the Thai Red Cross, Rotary Patumwan in Bangkok, Unicef, a Children Cardiac Surgery Foundation, the World Wild Fund Association and the Association Française de Bangkok.
- 3 Charity Concerts in 2007 have helped Thai Charity Organisations to raise 100,000 Euros and 1 ambulance in Bangkok (for Rotary Patumwan and Rajavithy Cardiac Children Surgery Hospital)
- A trip to Faro (Portugal) to help Immigrants of African origins.
- A trip to Thailand was organized in February 2009 all over Thailand for a Rotary Club in Chiang Mai, the Naresuan University in Phitsanulok, the Queen Sirikit Heart Center in Khon Kaen and Hat (an NGO helping Children working in the slums) on March 1st at the Imperial Queens Park Hotel in Bangkok!
Apart of that, the JCB Band has already done 3 CDs, each time in association with a Charity Foundation:
- "Live at Igor's" in 2002 with an Association against Cancer,
- "Swinging with the Kids" in 2004 with UNICEF and
- "Jazz, je t'aime" in 2005 with an association for Children Cardiac Surgery in France.
- The JCB latest CD: "Back to Crooner"
Band Member of JCB Jazz Cool Band
1. Jean Louis Nguyen Qui - Voice & Alto Sax
2. Renee Pellegrin - Piano
3. Franck Blanchard - Bass
4. Jean Michel Gladieuz - Drums
5. Igor Nassonov - Trombone
6. Andre Liardet - Tenor Sax and Clarinet
7. Jean Claude Haro - Trumpet and Buggle
8. Rene Fortune - Alto Sax
9. Olivier Labrot - Trumpet
You can also have a look at "Jazz Cool Band' on: http://www.myspace.com/jazzcoolband and Watch the show live in charity concert "Jazz in The Park" on 14th February 2010 at Suan Chaleamprakiet 72 years Queen Sirikit Park.
Resource : Rotary Club of Tongkah - www.Tongkah.org
January 21, 2010